In 2012, UNB’s branch in Kuwait became operational signifying another major milestone in UNB’s geographical expansion plan.
UNB-Kuwait provides world class services and products to its customers through its Corporate and Retail Banking Groups. The Corporate Banking Group offers a full range of products to Government, semi- -Government and private companies in Kuwait.
The Retail Banking Group provides a wide spectrum of Retail Products and services to the customers in Kuwait. In addition, UNB-Kuwait also offers treasury solutions to its corporate clients in Kuwait.
Yes, for cheques to be processed in the State of Kuwait, a MICR line is required. The MICR line contains the required information in a standardized formatfor processing of the cheque.
As per the Central Bank of Kuwait’s instructions applied to all local banks, only cheques meeting the standard size requirements are to be accepted for processing. The recommendedcheques sizes are20.3 cm x 7.6 cm or 22.8 cm x 8.9 cm.
If your cheque book is issued by the bank holding your account, it will adhere to the security standards as stipulated by Central Bank of Kuwait, which includes:
• Type of paper used.
• Special type of ink to be used for the printing of cheques.
• Watermark which is considered as an essential part of the cheques.
• Banks’ unique logo printed in Ultra Violet (UV).
Direct sunlight damages the security features and the MICR line of cheque. Therefore, damaged cheques will not be accepted for processing.
– Avoid writing or signing over the MICR line at the bottom of the cheque.
– Keep the cheques in a good condition by avoiding folding, damaging, stapling or tearing cheques.
– Avoid storing cheques in places that are warm or under direct sunlight (e.g. car) as it can damage the cheques and will not be accepted for processing.
– Ensure the availability of sufficient funds in the account before issuing the cheques (Cheques returned due to insufficient funds may lead to criminal persecutions).